The housekeeping department keeps the hospital spaces, all medical appliances, and the outdoors clean.
What is the role of a housekeeper?
At KUTRRH, housekeepers have several responsibilities:
· Ensuring consumables are available in time
· Keeping the environment clean
· Keeping hospital machines clean
A housekeeper is said to also impact the health of a patient since the environment that one is in, plays a vital role in their recovery. A patient in a dirty environment is likely to get an infection which will slow down their recovery while a patient in a clean environment is not prone to an infection, hence they enjoy a speedy recovery which is all thanks to a housekeeper.
Who is in housekeeping?
The team at KUTRRH consists of:
· A team of supervisors
· Internal cleaners
· Cleaners seconded by contracted companies
The team also consists of members with disabilities who are provided with any special materials that they may need in performing their daily tasks.
Public health and Housekeeping
Public health plays a significant role in housekeeping, this is since they know the standards that the hospital should keep. The Public Health department:
· Ensures that the standards of cleanliness are met.
· Provides the cleaning products
· Ensures safety for everyone
· Monitors the cleaning activities
· Teaches how to clean different machines