1. Do I need a referral to be treated at KUTRRH?
For outpatient and emergency cases, patients do not require a referral. However, a referral is required for other areas of care unless the patient has been attended to in the KUTRRH Outpatient/ Accident and Emergency department.
2. I have a referral; can I walk in and be treated?
No, you need an appointment.
3. How does one make an appointment?
By calling our contact center on 1558 or 0800 721 038 (Toll free) or physically visiting our Health Records service desks in the Hospital
4. Can a walk-in get medical services?
Yes, for emergency and general outpatient services.
5. How does one get to see a consultant/specialized doctor?
Ideally by having a referral to the hospital and booking an appointment.
6. What are the consultation charges?
- Specialized Clinics: Cash-1,000; Insurance Kshs. 2000.
- Outpatient cash Kshs. 700, Insurance Kshs.910.
- Oncology first time patients cash Kshs. 1,600; review Kshs. 1000
7. Do you offer cancer screening/ cancer treatment?
Yes. Cancer screening can be arranged by appointment with a physician at the Medical Outpatient Clinic (MOPC). If you are diagnosed with cancer at KUTRRH or elsewhere, you can be treated at KUTRRH. Treatment options are determined by your oncologist, and they may include radiotherapy, chemotherapy, brachytherapy and/or surgery.
8. Do you offer maternity, prenatal/postnatal services?
Yes. Pre-natal and post-natal services are offered on referral basis.
9.Do you offer immunization for children?
Yes, full immunization schedules are offered in the pediatric specialized clinics on an appointment basis.
10.Does the hospital offer other vaccines other than covid?
Yes, in addition to pediatric immunizations, the hospital offers the influenza vaccine (given by the pharmacy) and tetanus (given in the A&E).
11.Does the hospital treat all other diseases other than Cancer and Covid?
YES, we also offer services in other areas such as kidney diseases, diabetes, hypertension, endocrinology, cardiology, urology, ortho-trauma, physiotherapy, speech therapy, critical care, surgery, mental health, obstetrics & gynecology, maternity, pediatrics and dental services.
12.Does the hospital offer Covid testing, what are the charges and when will one get the results?
- PCR tests (usually for theatre/admission purposes; results are out in 8 hours’ time)- Kshs. 5,500
- Antigen (results take up to 40 minutes)- Kshs. 3,000
13.When can I get my CT-Scan, MRI, biopsy, lab reports?
- CT- Scan- up to 24 Hours
- MRI- up to 24 Hours
- Biopsy- within 2 weeks’ in Hospital; may take longer than this if outside the Hospital.
- Lab Reports- over 90% tests are out within 2 hours
14. Which medical insurances does the hospital accept?
Jubilee, NHIF, UAP, Britam, PSC, Kenyan Alliance Madison, AAR, Minet (case by case), Safari Park, GA, CIC.
15. Do you accept NHIF for outpatient services?
No, for outpatient services NHIF accepted only for Civil servants at the moment.
16. Can I choose KUTRRH as my preferred NHIF hospital?
No, as we are a referral Hospital.
17. Does NHIF cover cancer treatment?
Yes. However, this requires pre-approval and should be evaluated on a case by case basis.
18. Can a patient get an ambulance from the hospital to bring the patient to the hospital?
No, our ambulances only offer transfers to other Hospitals.
19. What is the process for admission?
- Paying the deposit
- Patient is transferred to the ward
20. How does one get a medical report for a patient?
By visiting the Health Records desk near you. The cost of a medical report is Kshs. 5,000
21. What are the hospital’s visiting hours?
12.30P.M -2 P.M; 4.30P.M-6.00 P.M
22. How do I apply for a job/attachment?
Job applications are made following advertisements on the Hospital’s website. For attachments, students apply to the Director, Training and Capacity Building.
23. Is this a private or public hospital?
24. What is the admission process at the funeral home?
– Registration (requires 2 next of kins with their national ID’s)
– If body is from outside the Hospital, burial permit/Police letter is required
25. Does the funeral home have a package?
Yes. The various packages and services will be availed to you upon request.